Friday, February 27, 2009

Biscuits & Chocolate Gravy


Craving chocolate, I sought to find some in the house. I couldn't find anything stashed away, but remembered a recipe that came in my email yesterday for Chocolate Gravy. I found it and adapted to my own vegan and gluten free version. Served over fresh, hot gluten free biscuits and sprinkled with chocolate chips, it was delicious! It's creamy, rich smoothness hit the spot.


Chocolate Gravy

3 tablespoons of gluten-free flour blend
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
2 cups of soymilk
2 tablespoons of Earth Balance margarine
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Combine dry ingredients and place in a small saucepan. Whisk in soymilk, blending until lumps are gone. Cook on medium high heat until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and add Earth Balance margarine and vanilla. Stir until completely blended. Serve over hot biscuits. Also good on pancakes, crepes, toast with peanut butter, or waffles.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Sharing My Favorite Recipes with You!

Health-Supportive Cooking
SHARING ~ VEGAN ~ GLUTEN FREE ~

Welcome to my kitchen where recipes, cooking tips, and menu ideas are shared! Sit down at my table, sip a cup of tea, and smell the delicious aroma from my cozy kitchen! Join in friendly chat by using the comments feature on my blog to post your questions, comments, & favorite recipes. Let's discover together.

Occasionally a recipe may be shared that is not BOTH vegan and gluten free. All gluten free recipes are designated with a tag below the recipe post.

Yum! Let's get cooking!

*If you are looking for a specific type of recipe, scroll to the left of the page where titles are listed by recipe category. *

*Recipes and photos copyright@LaTeaDah 2005 - 2012