Sunday, November 13, 2011

Falafels


2 cups soaked garbanzos (cooked)
1/2 cup cold water
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 cup savory crumbs OR 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs OR gluten-free bread crumbs
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp. oil
2 drops butter flavoring

Measure 1 1/3 cup chopped garbanzos and place in bowl. Measure 2/3cup garbanzos, add water, and put with chopped garbanzos. Chop garlic. Add seasoning and mix. Mix bread crumbs, yeast, oil, and butter flavoring in small bowl. Form patties and roll in bread mix. Place patties on baking pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degreesfor 30 minutes. Serve in pita bread (or gluten free alternative).

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I can see I've been missing out on a lot of yummy recipes over here. Wonder if I can even get nutritional yeast in this country? :/ Hope your weekend has been a good one. Tammy

La Tea Dah said...

Welcome, Tammy! I thought people might get bored of my recipe sharing on GH, so I mostly share here. I am somewhat sporadic at it, but I like having a place online to keep my recipes.

If you can't get nutritional yeast, just sub with some other filler (fava bean flour or wheat germ, etc.) and then adjust your seasonings (maybe adding Tamari or soy sauce to replicate the nutritional yeast flavors).

Happy Cookin!

Sharing My Favorite Recipes with You!

Health-Supportive Cooking
SHARING ~ VEGAN ~ GLUTEN FREE ~

Welcome to my kitchen where recipes, cooking tips, and menu ideas are shared! Sit down at my table, sip a cup of tea, and smell the delicious aroma from my cozy kitchen! Join in friendly chat by using the comments feature on my blog to post your questions, comments, & favorite recipes. Let's discover together.

Occasionally a recipe may be shared that is not BOTH vegan and gluten free. All gluten free recipes are designated with a tag below the recipe post.

Yum! Let's get cooking!

*If you are looking for a specific type of recipe, scroll to the left of the page where titles are listed by recipe category. *

*Recipes and photos copyright@LaTeaDah 2005 - 2012