Friday, May 21, 2010

My Favorite Emerald Green Dressing


*This is my all-time favorite dressing for salads and raw veggies!  The recipe is really 'too modern' for my 8th grade home ec class, but the pea salad on lettuce leaves that we learned to make in that class does remind me of emeralds!


1 cup water
1 cup cashews (rinsed)**
2 Tbsp. chives
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Italian dressing
1/2 Tbsp. parsley (dried) or doubled fresh
3/4 cup pineapple juice concentrate
1 lemon, juiced
stevia, fructose, or maple syrup to taste


Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste.


*I usually substitute cilantro (fresh coriander) for the parsley and add the entire bunch! I love cilantro and it makes such a beautiful green color and fresh flavor!


**Brazil nuts work fine as a substitute for cashews in this recipe.

No comments:

Sharing My Favorite Recipes with You!

Health-Supportive Cooking
SHARING ~ VEGAN ~ GLUTEN FREE ~

Welcome to my kitchen where recipes, cooking tips, and menu ideas are shared! Sit down at my table, sip a cup of tea, and smell the delicious aroma from my cozy kitchen! Join in friendly chat by using the comments feature on my blog to post your questions, comments, & favorite recipes. Let's discover together.

Occasionally a recipe may be shared that is not BOTH vegan and gluten free. All gluten free recipes are designated with a tag below the recipe post.

Yum! Let's get cooking!

*If you are looking for a specific type of recipe, scroll to the left of the page where titles are listed by recipe category. *

*Recipes and photos copyright@LaTeaDah 2005 - 2012